Saturday 29 April 2017

JJC reveals how he met and proposed to Funke Akindele, her ‘beef’ with Toyo Baby, when they’d have kids and more in new interview!


Last year, Nollywood Actress, and creator of the Jenifa Diary, Funke Akindele, married her hearthrob, Abdul Rasheed Bello popularly known as JJC Skillz in a private ceremony that held in the United Kingdom.

In this new interview with Goldenpearlmedia, JJC opened up on how he met and toasted Funke, how his children accepted their step mom.. He also talked about the “silent beef” between his wife Funke and Toyo Baby, amongst other things. Read the Full interview below:

What’s new about JJC Skillz?
Well, i’m now officially a music video and film director. For the past few years, I have been telling people that I was about to move into Nollywood, but they didn’t believe me. I have made that come through; i’m now of the directors of Jenifa’s Dairy.
JJC reveals

Last year, Nollywood Actress, and creator of the Jenifa Diary, Funke Akindele, married her hearthrob, Abdul Rasheed Bello popularly known as JJC Skillz in a private ceremony that held in the United Kingdom.

In this new interview with Goldenpearlmedia, JJC opened up on how he met and toasted Funke, how his children accepted their step mom.. He also talked about the “silent beef” between his wife Funke and Toyo Baby, amongst other things. Read the Full interview below:

What’s new about JJC Skillz?
Well, i’m now officially a music video and film director. For the past few years, I have been telling people that I was about to move into Nollywood, but they didn’t believe me. I have made that come through; i’m now of the directors of Jenifa’s Dairy.



I shot all London scenes and now we are back to Nigeria, still doing it. I’m one of the brains behind an upcoming TV series; Industreet. It was produced by my wife, Funke Akindele Bello.

We came up with the concept of creating a story around the entertainment industry in Nigeria.

I’m also part owner of the SOP music label that has four new acts. We are planning lot of movies this year, so you can see my hands are full.

You have always been a music artiste, now you have soared to a movie director, label owner, producer, etc, has this always been your dream?

To be honest I studied TV and Video Production in school. When I wanted to go to school, I couldn’t because I was a JJC. Later I went on to take on MVQ course; which is like a work training course. I studied TV and Video Productions. I left that course with 9 As. So, every department of that course, from script writing, directing, all, I did it so passionately, I came out with distinctions.

After I was done with the course and because of my grade, I was able to get a job with an amazing advertisement company. I was their assistant editor and worked there for 2 years. So, I have background in entertainment, directing, editing, it’s what I studied and it’s now my profession. But I left all that for music.

What’s the concept behind Industreet?

I have 20 years of experience in the music entertainment industry, and I believe nobody has been able to tell the story of African music scene. I was there in the beginning. So, I want the world to know what’s really going on behind the scene in Nigerian entertainment industry.

Is it like your true life story?

Not really. It’s the story of the betrayals, the rise and fall, the success, failures and lots more. It’s a story of a group of young people who gathered together to form a label, the SOP records. When you watch you’ll understand how the street took over the industry, that’s why we called it Industreet.

How much of your personal story is in Industreet?
I’ll about 70 percent of some of my life story was infused into the story line, because it was a passion project. I actually came up with this idea in 2009, and I shot about half and hour pilot of it. It was like a tester of the proposed TV show.

When will Industreet premiere?

It’s will premiere on May 19, 2017. That’s the day of the launch. Then a week after, they can watch it on our website. Even Jenifa’s Diary can be watched on the scene one App.

Since you got married, it seems you took a break from making your own music?

My own music is on hold, because I needed to focus on this great opportunity that came to my doorsteps. Jenifa’s Diary is a big project, you can see we have been winning awards here and there. We as a family, have our hands full already in different productions.

What challenges do you often face, doing all these; production, directing, music, etc


Days ago, Jenifa Diary actor, Toyosi reportedly left the productions after a misunderstanding with Funke and all fingers were pointing at you, what really happened?

I don’t know why Toyosi left and it has nothing to do with me. Just like any character in a TV series, she can go and return. The only permanent character in the series is Jenifa. Falz has gone and came back. In the script Toyosi is married and has gone to France with her husband to live for a while. So, anything can happen. When she comes back, you’d see her on screen, if not, then that’s what the script said.

But it was also reported that Funke un-followed her on social media…..true?

Well, I don’t know about that. I’m not 100 percent sure of that. I’ll have to check Instagram to find out about that.

‎Funke Akindele turned into a singer, just to surprise you on your birthday, how does that make you feel?
It was awesome. My wife and the SOP team wowed me. I noticed that whenever I come into the studio they all looked funny. They even sent me on a fools errand, just to shoot a video for me, under my nose. I really didn’t see it coming.

I woke up that day, to see all of them wearing a t-shirt for me, sang for me and a whole lot. It made me really happy. I thank God, I have my best friend as a wife, then the best team ever! I’m indeed so lucky.


Related Posts

JJC reveals how he met and proposed to Funke Akindele, her ‘beef’ with Toyo Baby, when they’d have kids and more in new interview!
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.